Camtasia is a popular software suite for creating video tutorials, presentations, and other video content, and it offers even greater value to organizations authoring content across multiple languages and dialects. While Camtasia itself doesn’t offer translation and localization services, Camtasia Studio supports these capabilities by offering platform-based editing tools, as well as the ability to integrate with other external services to enable accurate, efficient translation and localization of this video-based content.
Between its video creation tools, large library of royalty-free assets, and flexible file compatibility to support translation and localization through a language service provider (LSP), Camtasia is a great tool for adapting existing content to serve new localities and languages on-the-fly.
The Benefits of Using Camtasia
If you’ve never used a Camtasia eLearning course before, it’s important to understand how this software suite supports translation and localization, even though the platform doesn’t offer those services directly. It’s essential to understand Camtasia’s benefit as a supplemental tool that supports better, more efficient translation and localization efforts, especially when facing tight deadlines.
Those benefits include:
- Easy options for modifying video and audio content, which is essential when translating and localizing original content for a new audience;
- State-of-the-art editing capabilities, including automatic captions (speech-to-text), voice overlay for the presenter or editor, unlimited video length to accommodate any video format, and a vast array of audio-visual types to support whatever project you’re working on;
- The ability to customize visual effects and interactive elements—a crucial feature when localizing content;
- Integration with YouTube to directly publish videos to the platform;
- Support to reach an international audience through original video content;
- Integration with PowerPoint and other essential business/education software;
- Access to a large, royalty-free asset library;
- Simple theme editing to support the localization of tutorials and other content for new audiences;
- Video-style editing to quickly edit and localize multiple tracks, improving both speed and organization of your editing efforts;
- Support for a wide range of audio and file types, including but not limited to MP3, MP4, WAV, AVI, Adobe Flash, and many others.
Common Camtasia Alternatives
Camtasia isn’t the only video tutorial software that supports translation and localization, and it might not be the best one for your business. It’s worth checking first with your LSP to find out if they prefer to use Camtasia or other software platforms that offer a similar service.
Some of the most popular Camtasia alternatives include Articulate and Lectora. If you’re unfamiliar with these platforms, you may want to get a tutorial or demo to learn about how these platforms differ from Camtasia in terms of their strengths and weaknesses. For example, while Camtasia offers a number of benefits to video tutorial creators, it also has a fairly technical user interface that can present a learning curve when just getting started.
How to Get a Free Camtasia Tutorial
If you’re looking for expert guidance on how to use Camtasia and its features, YouTube is a great destination where you can view a number of Camtasia eLearning tutorials from trusted publishers. You can also contact your LSP to find out if they offer a free Camtasia tutorial, or can point you toward resources that can familiarize you with this software platform.
How to Get a Free Camtasia Tutorial
The best way to maximize the value of Camtasia eLearning courses is by working with an LSP that has the expertise and familiarity to optimize the platform’s various features. Protranslating possesses in-depth experience with audio-visual technology to help its clients create content through Camtasia in a precise, efficient manner, resulting in translation and localization that can meet any deadline and connect you to whatever audience you are seeking. Let us help you expand your business globally. Contact us today to tell us about your translation and localization needs.